The selling of your home is one of the most important financial decisions a person makes in any given year. Choosing the right Realtor® is the key to a fast, smooth and financially rewarding transaction. I want to take this moment to thank you for considering Blair Damson & Associates in this all important decision. We look forward to “Guiding You to Success” in your upcoming Real Estate transaction.
We arecommitted to offering you the highest standards of professional service. To assure you that your property is marketed to its fullest potential and to obtain the highest possible market value, the following will be completed prior to and after you list your home with us.
- Prepare Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) to establish fair market value.
- Prepare, explain and sign listing agreement.
- Submit your home to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) Board with 10+ photographs.
- Place a Supra electronic lock box on your property, if needed.
- Install a "For Sale" sign at the property if authorized.
- Prepare a four page full color brochure of your home for distribution.
- Mail 500 to 1,500 “Just Listed Postcards” to your neighborhoods.
- Hold Open Houses if appropriate.
- Place rotational advertising in local print media; including magazines and newspapers.
- Initiate internet advertising on hundreds of Real Estate websites worldwide.
- Secure a Virtual Tour presentation for your property. (10 Professional Photos & 10 Tour Pictures)
- Telephone all active/potential buyers with details of your property.
- Arrange showings of the property with other agents.
- Regular contacts with you for updates and status reports.
- Provide copies of all advertisements to you.
- Periodic reviews of marketing activities.
- Pre-qualify all potential buyers.
- Present and evaluate all offers with you.
- Negotiate the offers with the buyer’s agent if needed.
- Deliver fully signed and completed contracts.
- Coordinate all attorneys and title companies.
- Arrange for a relocation agent if required.
- Set-up appraisal and provide appraiser with comparable sales information.
- Arrange for property inspections.
- Review inspection report with you.
- Assist and or arrange for any repairs required.
- Attend the walkthroughs.
- Set up and attend the closing.
- Follow Up With You After The Closing!
Preparing to Sell Your Home
You never get a second chance to make a first impression!
There's no need to spend a ton of money remodeling your home before you sell. A few key improvements could significantly increase your selling price and make for a faster home sale. Here are a few things to consider:
Curb Appeal (How well your home looks like from the street)
- Keep your front entrance well-maintained
- Do a little landscaping
- Garden beds need to be well defined and freshly mulched
- Keep the lawn edged, cut and watered regularly
- Trim hedges, weed lawns and flowerbeds, and prune trees
- Add a few showy annuals, perhaps in pots, near the front entrance
- Take care of other exterior features
- Check the foundation, steps, walkways, walls and patios for cracks and crumbling
- Inspect doors and windows for peeling paint; keep the windows clean and free of spider webs and vines
- Clean, align and secure the gutters
- Repair or repaint loose siding and caulking
- Keep the garage door closed
Walk into Something Wonderful
- Give every room in the house a thorough cleaning. Wash the windows, walls & clean the carpets.
- If the walls and carpet are especially dingy or brightly colored, repaint or re-carpet.
- Get rid of the clutter and make your house appear bigger and brighter.
- Rent a storage unit
- Have a garage sale!
- Donate your excess "stuff" to charity
- Repair cracks, holes or damage to plaster, wallboard, wallpaper, paint and tiles
- Repair anything that could be construed as dry rot
- Repair a leaking roof
- Make sure every electrical outlet and light switch is in working order
- Replace all lightbulbs with the maximum wattage bulb permissible. Light sells!